Monday, August 15, 2011

Good Week!

Had a great previous week of training.  The weather was MUCH cooler, which made for a way more pleasurable week of training.  I also havent had a single beer since a week ago Saturday, so that always helps with better hydration.  I decided that if I want to do the Flat Rock 50 in my goal time of under 6:30:00 and top 15 finishers overall that I needed to really get into gear and start training right... including winding down the summer drinking season, and adding more long runs (preferably on trails).  So far I have done both and even mixed in a little running with the weight vest and 20 continuous miles on the Wilderness Park trails on Saturday morning.  So far so good. 

Saturday morning I got up about 7 and hit the trail by 8 am with my car stocked with a nice supply of water and gatorade that had been in the fridge since the night before.  Nice and cold... 3 bottles, a 1.5 liter water bladder, and a 64 ounce thermos with a pour spout.  So, needless to say, I wasn't going to let hydration be the issue that gave me problems on the trail.  I was also equipped with 8 electrolyte tablets... one for about every 30 minutes or so.   Sent Jerime a text and left a VM about 7:30 to join me on the trails.  I found Jerime at about 10 miles in and we ran the next 7 or so miles together.  The first part, and the last part of my run I spent listening to the new George R.R. Martin novel, A Dance With Dragons.  The latest release in the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' epic series.  Awesome reading (or listening) for the fantasy aficionado.  I finished 20 miles in just over 3 hours and 50 minutes and felt great at the finish.  Very little soreness the next day.  Here are my totals for the previous week:


Count: 6 Activities 
Distance: 37.57 mi
Time: 06:37:33 h:m:s
Avg Time: 01:06:15 h:m:s
Avg Distance: 6.26 mi
Max Time: 03:50:49 h:m:s
Max Distance: 20.10 mi

No comments: