Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Training Update

So it has been so ridiculously hot that training for the Flat Rock 50 has not been going that great.  I have not done very well at getting up early to beat the heat...  It is a bit demotivating when you get up at 5:30 to try and get out before it gets too hot and it is already 89 or some ridiculous number.

Basically, I have been substituting the weight vest for time, making my runs more difficult by adding weight rather than adding time.  I figure the carrying the extra weight should help get me ready for the hills on the FlatRock.  I need to get in a long run this Saturday, 20 miles or more.  I haven't done longer than 10 for a while, mostly due to the heat. Hopefully the temps will stay a little cooler.  This morning was sooooo nice.  Upper 60s and a bit of fog.  Even with the vest it was the most comfortable run I have had in a while.


Last night I hit wilderness park trails with Jerime and we did a nice easy 5 miles.  It was raining some at first and had rained quite a bit through the day so the trails were pretty wet and muddy.  Slipping and sliding around was a lot of fun but didn't do much for my our time. 


Here are my totals since last post:

Count:7 Activities
Distance:32.04 mi
Time:05:22:33 h:m:s
Avg Time:00:46:04 h:m:s
Avg Distance:4.58 mi
Max Time:01:47:26 h:m:s
Max Distance:10.03 mi


I can tell from this that I need to start adding in longer runs.

No comments: