Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Event Rundown: 2008 Susan G. Komen - Race for the Cure , Wichita, Kansas 9/27/2008

Monday, September 29, 2008

Event Rundown: 2008 Susan G. Komen - Race for the Cure , Wichita, Kansas 9/27/2008

First of all, this was an amazing event and I would like to thank the organizers and anyone else that helped put it all together. There were over 7500 registered participants, and god knows how many others attending. The participants raised over 95,000 dollars, and local businesses kicked in a whopping $600,000. Hopefully with this and events like it, a cure will be found for a disease that will affect 1-8 women in their lifetimes.

Second, I would like to say thanks to all that donated to me directly or through my fund raising website, as I collected $550.00. Thanks guys. If you would still would like to donate check out www.wichitaraceforthecure.com and you will find instructions on how to make a donation.

Last but not least, I am pretty proud of the fact that I placed 3rd (out of 24) in the 30-34 men's age bracket and 21st out of 192 (men's division). It was not my best time ever but respectable at 21:05. It is however, my personal best in a timed event (as well as my first... lol) I fought some adrenaline at the beginning of the race, and it was different pacing myself on a course I did not know. But if gives me a good starting point.

Thanks again to everyone.

No comments: