Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Disappointment fades, excitement returns!

So the Olathe marathon got canceled due to a freak spring blizzard. 18 weeks of training in any and every kind of weather, and the race is canceled due to the threat of severe weather. What a ripoff. I will hand it to the organizers, they were very thoughtful, kind and respectful. They even had volunteers personally call and apologize and explain to us. It was nice, and I plan on taking them up on their offer of carrying my registration over to next years race.

In the now, I have elected to go run in the Hogeye Marathon in Fayetteville Arkansas on Sunday April 5th. (Assuming weather does not cancel it) It will be a lot more hills, but I am willing to accept that challenge. I trained for a marathon, I am running a marathon. How can I collect donations based on a run that I didn't do? I can't... I must run this race.

Also, don't forget that there are cancer patients (and many others) all over the county that use stored blood. Make a trip to your local blood drive and MAKE A DONATION to the AMERICAN RED CROSS! That little needle stick hurts a lot less than losing a loved one because the blood they needed was not available. Please, you will be glad you did. You don't have to run a marathon to make a difference. All the little things count.

Arkansas here I come!

No comments: