Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Marathon Training Log - March 24th - Day 69 - 4 miles

Well I should have held my tongue instead of bragging about how awesome the weather has been. It caught up with me today. I got up about 5:15 and it was calm, but by the time I got my coffee it was raining cats and dogs. Thunder and lightning filled the air and the wind was swirling like hurricane Katrina had come back. I figured I would wait it out, being in Kansas the weather changes like a woman's mind. Sure enough, about 5:45 is slowed way down (almost to a sprinkle). I get dressed and head out for a quick 4 miles in rest mode and figured 35 minutes would take me around my 4 mile loop. About a mile into it, the ceiling opened up and the lightning and wind started back up. I jogged along with a smile (soaking wet) and made it back in about 33 mins. Not too cold, so it wasn't too bad being wet. The only problem was vision, cause when it is raining and blowing you almost need goggles to see. I was glad I wore a ball cap. Hahahaha.

No comments: