Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Marathon Training Log - March 25th - Day 70 - 2 miles

I did it. The first of my two part goal is complete. I finished Hal Higdon's 18 week marathon training program. 70 training runs totaling almost 450 miles. I ran every run, and followed every strategy that he suggested. Accomplishing a goal that you set for yourself is a very rewarding thing, and today I feel awesome. The entire 15 minutes and 50 seconds I was running today I had a large grin on my face. My body feels great... I am ready. I am ready to accomplish part 2 of the goal I set for myself somewhere early in November 2008. I am going to finish my first marathon. Twenty six miles and 385 yards, or one hundred thirty-eight thousand four hundred thirty-five feet. The weather forecast does not appear to be great for Saturday, but I don't care/ that is to my advantage having trained in every possible scenario. I am ready. Ready to run!

No comments: