Friday, March 20, 2009

Marathon Training Log - March 19th - Day 66 - 3 miles

Wow it has been a long time since I have run only 3 miles. I slept in, had 2 cups of coffee... I feel spoiled! T-shirt weather, no wind... what a great day to run. My foot felt awesome this morning when I woke up. I really had to force myself not to sprint the entire distance! I was keeping a pretty quick pace, and seemed to be done as soon as I started. The real taper has begun. My 'long' Saturday run is only 8 miles. Next week is almost exclusively rest, and then... BANG Marathon time! I am getting so excited that I am already having trouble sleeping. I will be a mess in about a week. I have finished EVERY single run in my training program to the letter. I have missed no time for any reason (early on I did put off a thursday run until friday) and I am very proud of myself. My 'new' shoes already have 200 miles on them and are worn thru the rubber on the heel... crap. Running may be a more expensive hobby that I guessed. I am gonna get a new pair before Saturday. The final countdown begins! Only 4 more runs for a combined total of 18 miles until the race. I will keep you posted.

No comments: