Friday, March 13, 2009

Marathon Training Log - March 12th - Day 62 - 4 miles

The only thing hard about today was not running flat out. The distance seems so short, I barely feel warmed up by the time I finish. I hit 8 m/m pace (31:56) only because I was slowing myself down intenetionally. Last thing I want to do is hurt myself and not being able to run in the marathon running a 4 miler. That would seem like a waste of 57 hours 7 minutes and 10 seconds it took me to run 406.14 miles since November 25th. Anyway, my route this morning was the standard 4 mile loop that I have been running. I was a little tired, due to being up till about 2 am last night for nerd night (Dungeons and Dragons with Gene, Bryan and the boys). One thing I will mention is that it is not advisable to eat 4 pounds of Oreo cookies, Chips Ahoy cookies, no-bake cookies, pizza rolls, pringles washed down with a liter of water 4 hours before a run... I literally thought I was going to "toss my cookies". And on the advice of a friend I will remind you PLEASE DONATE BLOOD! Give something back to the community that you get so much from.

No comments: