Friday, March 6, 2009

Marathon Training Log - March 5th - Day 58 - 5 miles

The legs were a bit tired today... and the wind whipping out of the south didn't help either. 30mph is not that fast if you are in a car, but when you are running directly into it... it sucks. I kinda slacked off going into the wind all the while telling myself that the time today didnt matter. I forbid myself from looking at the stopwatch and I didn't... until half way... then I realized I was going kinda slow at 23 minutes. I once again told myself to not care about the time. Unfortunately that did not work and I took off. I managed to make up the 3 minutes over the next 2.5 miles, and finished in 40:08 that means I did the last 2.5 miles somewhere around 17 minutes. Thats a pretty good clip for me... and it felt great when I stopped. I was really breathing pretty good. It did not help that I had a chest cold settle over me this week (just in time for the 20 miler!) It looks like the weather will be great for that by the way... Well my next report will come in after I finish my epic 20. Until then...

No comments: