Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Marathon Training Log - March 10th - Day 60 - 5 miles

Wow! It was almost muggy this morning. The time changed to daylight savings on Sunday night so it was a bit hard to get my butt out of bed this morning, but I was glad I did. Outside was a beautiful springlike morning; 72 degrees with a bit of wind. I put on a short sleeve shirt, a pair of shorts and my favorite running shoes and hit the road Jack. I was really pretty sore on Sunday and even still a little sore on Monday. This morning I felt tons stronger, and with the nice weather, and 11 less miles this week, I ran a good pace time of about 7:47 for today's 5 miles. A great rush after finishing, and the body felt great. Not much more to say other than I am really getting excited, and actually starting to feel some butterflies when I think about the race. On a side note, I have added over 320 Facebook friends to the Going the Distance for Families Fighting Cancer group that I created. Cool. If you want to find out more or donate to my cause, check out my webpage. Only 9 more training runs before the race. The countdown begins.

No comments: