Saturday, March 7, 2009

Marathon Training Log - March 7th - Day 59 - 20 miles

I have survived (and thrived) the pinnacle week 15 of Hal Higdon's novice marathon training program. Today I got up about 6 am after a good night sleep. I have been eating mostly carbs this week, and had bananas, coffee, and oatmeal for breakfast before driving over to my sister in law's house. She lives almost exactly 20 miles away. I hit the road with a southwest wind pushing me alone for about the first 10 miles. The turn to the west was brutal, as the wind was VERY strong and was about as westerly as it was southerly. The wind was blowing steadily at about 25 and gusting to up to about 35 mph! My route had a stretch of almost 6 miles. This was the hardest part of the run. I finished in 2:47:23. My goal was 2:40 so I am pretty happy with the outcome, considering the wind. Now it is time for the taper, and then......... the big race.

No comments: