Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Marathon Training Log - March 3rd - Day 56 - 5 miles

March is here. I am only 27 days from my goal. One thing I really really noticed about today's 5 miler is how much of a difference 4 miles make. I am not talking about today, but about Saturday. Saturday was 4 miles less than the previous Saturday, and I could definitely tell this morning. It surely helps that it was 30 degrees and no wind (nice weather compared to what it has been like the last week or so), but I felt so rested today. I decided to take it nice and easy and save a lot for this Saturday's epic 20 miler, and was very surprised when I finished faster than 8 m/m pace. I would have sworn that I was going no faster than 9 m/m. So today was a 5 mile route in 40:16. It felt good. I gotta get to bed early tonight, I got 10 miles in the morning, and am guessing it will take between 1:20 and 1:30 to complete. That puts me getting up somewhere around 4:15 I suppose. Ughh. Until next time...

No comments: