Monday, March 23, 2009

Marathon Training Log - March 23rd - Day 68 - 3 miles

Another easy 3 miles. I am hitting right at 8m/m pace, but only cause I am forcing myself to slow down. I feel as fresh legged as I have in a long time! It was a bit windy, but not bad. Temp was 65 and AWESOME! I love to run. I did have this 'lightbulb' moment this morning. No big deal, I just figured out the meaning of life (not 42)...the meaning of life for me at least. Pain. Pain is the meaning of life. Not for what it is itself, but for what it does to your perspective regarding everything else in your life. Without pain, it becomes so easy to take everything 'pain free' for granted. Pain is the sharp reminder of what you have that is worth having. This is why I decided to do this race... I needed to feel the pain. My life had gotten so easy and soft, that I needed a reminder that everything is not easy and soft. I needed to remember not to take for granted all the things that I was just used to. Training for this marathon has opened my eyes to things I have never seen before, and wiped away misconceptions and incorrect perceptions that I have carried with me for most of my life. Without pain, you will never be pain-free.

No comments: