Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Marathon Training Log - December 13th - Day 11 - 5 miles

I missed my run on Thursday morning. I was planning on making it up on Friday, but I did not want to over do it before a long run... ok that is a bad excuse, I missed Friday because I went to Gene's house to play "A Game of Thrones" board game on Thursday night, and stayed out until 2 am. My bad. Anyway, I got up Saturday morning raring to go. About 10 o'clock I hit the street. The day was much warmer than it had been all week, between 55-60, I didn't check for sure, but windy. Windy, windy, windy, windy. It was blowing out of the south at about 30-40 mph... no exaggeration. I left my house heading west and it wasn't that bad at all; until I turned left. WOW. It was hard just to move forward... Seriously, it felt that if I just let myself fall, the wind would hold me up. The wind was sucking the life out of my lungs and I felt like I was barely moving. When I turned left again it was a relief , but the real relief came when I turned left again and began running to the north. Now, with a wind in my sails, I made up some time... This was great, a feeling of being shoved from behind by some great force with no chance of slowing down. I finally caught my breath that the wind had stolen and made a dash for home! Victory. The wind was tough, but I was the winner.

No comments: