Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Marathon Training Log - December 31th - Day 21 - 6.4 miles.

Today I came up with an odd little visualization scenario; I had some pain in my right foot on the outside center of the foot, so I started by visualizing a buildup of a red substance in my foot which was the 'pain'. Attached to my brain was a little control center that was in command of a few 'units': Medics, Engineers, and Special Forces. The commanders dispatched the engineers from their barracks near my lungs to my right foot to create a drain for the pain that was building up. (I started this around mile 4 or so.) The engineers arrived as set up their Tactical Area of Operations. They completed their mission, however, being highly caustic, the pain had caused minor damage to the soft tissue 'bridge' in the foot. They requested medics to help heal while they repaired the damage. Also, they stayed to monitor the drain. (Strangely enough, it started hurting less and less as I was imagining this.) While repairing the bridge, the engineers came under attack from 'ouchies' from outside the drain portal. The called in a request for reinforcements to the commanders, who in turn ordered the Special Forces down to defend the bridge at all costs. (This was about the time I was at mile 5) The spec ops gets there and takes out the attackers at the drain and places 3rd platoon there as a guard against further attacks. First platoon and second platoon were deployed to the heel and toe areas respectively to sweep any remaining ouchies. The mission was a success and the engineers covered the pain drain after draining the last of the pain. The spec ops stood gaurd while the medics healed the soft tissue and the engineers redeployed to thier barracks. (This happened during my cool down walk) All the while there were 2 factories generating and pumping to the effected areas using my circulatory system. The 'extra' factory is located on the north wall of the heart so that the 'extra' that it generates can be quickly generated and distributed thru the body. The other was the 'blocker' factory; here the blocker fluid was generated so that it could help repel and counteract the 'pain' that was built up.

Ok, so it may sound retarded, but this whole visual did 2 things; 1. It gave me something to focus on and have fun with while running. 2. It actually reduced the pain that I was feeling, and honestly, my foot does not hurt at all now. Wierd.

Weather report for the day: no wind, 23 degrees. Not bad at all. Roads dry. Good day to run.

Distance today: 6.4 in 55:20. Under 9 min mile pace, which is my goal.

Until tomorrow....

No comments: