Monday, December 22, 2008

Marathon Training Log - December 18th - Day 14 - 3 miles

Well, first things first, my cold went away after about 24 hours, so this morning I felt fine. I took some theraflu nighttime before bed and passed out. Felt great this morning, but there was still lots of ice...today being the worst so far this week. It was cold again, duh, but there were places that looked like there was no snow or ice that were slick as snot on glass. I made it, no problems, and now I am looking forward to my long 10 miler on Saturday. I is supposed to warm up some... we will see. Not much else to say this morning, but I have stopped taking mp3 player with me in the morning just to enjoy the peace and quiet, and what I find is that now I have been analyzing the books I have been reading. I am on a "classics" kick right now, finishing Kurt Vonnegut's "Slaughterhouse Five". I am almost done with "The Catcher in the Rye" and I'm not sure if I like it or not... but I think about that stuff while I am running. I will keep doing it till I get bored... and besides, the marathon is a 'no headphones' race, so I had better get used to the sound of my own breathing.

No comments: