Monday, December 8, 2008

Marathon Training Log - December 6th - Day 8 - 7.5 miles

Again, the weather changes like a woman's mind around here. I didn't run first thing Saturday morning, so that makes a difference, but 54 degrees is a lot better than 17, I'll attest to that. I took Friday as my rest day, and slept in Saturday morning. Didn't run until after lunch (which is unusual for me, I almost always run before breakfast) It wasn't too bad but the wind sucked. It was coming from the NW about 20mph. Killed my time, I pushed hard on the way back (wind in my face) and finished at 1:01:30. A lot slower than last Saturday's long run. But I loved every minute of it. I think I got passed on the road by 1 maybe 2 farm trucks...that's it. I run south on Western all the way to Gooding road and back. Works out to right over 7.5 miles, and is so peaceful. Smells like cows, dirt roads, farms and fields. It was bright and sunny, I made extra effort to really take not of how beautiful it is even when everything is mostly brown. You can see back into the woods, streams, fields, old farms and barns. There was just a bit of ice floating in the trickling creek that I went over. It was really a great run. So far I am feeling really good, and glad I decided to chronicle it. Next week the mileage builds some more...

Here are the cumulative stats of my training at the end of week 2:

Cardio Summary Report
Total Average Maximum Minimum
Duration (hh:mm:ss) 4:35:19 0:34:25 1:01:30 0:24:23
Distance miles 33.10 4.14 7.50 3.00
Average Speed mph 7.15 7.56 6.33
Pace min/mi 8.41 9.48 7.94
Calories (kcal) 4484 560 1052 391

No comments: