Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Marathon Training Log - December 30th - Day 20 - 3.4 miles.

About a week ago, after a particularly nast hangover, I decided to get more serious about the nutritional side of this marathon training. I plan on greatly limiting (none if I am lucky) alcohol consumption, sweets, and other junk foods. More fruit, raw veggies, nuts, and other sources of high nutrition type foods are on my list. The way I see it, what good is it doing me to punish my body and then eat garbage? Like a nascar driver fueling up a high performance machine with low grade gas. Anyway, I will update on how I am doing.
For the extreme end of December, the weather could not be better! Unseasonably warm, near 43, with a light breeze blowing out of the south. I acutally wore shorts this morning. My legs were cold, but the weather, for me, is just a mental hurdle. A distraction that keeps my focus away from sore legs and burning lungs. Today was another easy 3 miles, I took it out to 3.4 but only cause it was so nice that I didn't feel like quitting. Also, the kids are out for xmas break, so I have no reason to rush home. Leaving at 6:30 or so, I got to see a nice sunrise... man it was great. I finished at about 8 min mile pace, running almost 3.5 miles in 28:10. No rush, I'm going for tortoise route... Roads were mostly dry, very little traffic, and overall just a great morning run. Next week I think I am actually going to register for the race. Bodily, I had a little pain in my right foot, and just a little twinge in my right hip. Nothing serious, I just thought I would put it down for posterity sake... Well I gotta go get in the shower and get ready for work... Later!

No comments: