Monday, December 22, 2008

Marathon Training Log - December 17th - Day 13 - 4 miles

I forgot to mention that yesterday there was also about an inch of powder snow on the ground... It was a little slippery but not too bad since it was so cold. This morning, however, was slippery as shit. What little snow melted yesterday formed a nice layer of ice on the road. Time was slow, and legs are sore. When it is slick like that you have to be very careful every step you take, or it may be your last. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you could injure yourself. Tensing up like this while running makes your legs a bit more sore than if you had not so I will look at it as an extra workout. The cold is annoying, but the icy north wind really takes your breath away. I usually run south first and return going into the north wind. This way I am all warm and toasty before battling the wind. No slips or falls today, but the forecast for tomorrow is more of the same. We will see... obtw today I woke up with a stuffy nose from hell... I always tell people that tell me I am going to get sick from running in the cold that it is germs, not cold, that make you sick. I am starting to wonder. I hope it runs it's course quickly so I can run mine.. lol.

No comments: