Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Marathon Training Log - December 16th - Day 12 - 3 miles

The word of the day for today's run was FRIGID. At 6:00 am when I left the house the thermometer topped out at 6. You read it right...6. 6 freaking degrees. I was bundled like the baby Jesus when I left, after a cup of coffee and a 15 minute argument with myself. After missing last Thursday, there was no way I was gonna skip this morning... I don't care if it was a nuclulear winter. Actually, with only slits around my eyes exposed, it really wasn't that bad. I ran about 2.5 miles and stopped by work to install a software upgrade before anyone else showed up so I sweated a lot in my office. That made the last half mile a bit unpleasant, but not unbearable by any means. One thing about going this morning that was good, is that it reminded me that as long as you dress appropriately for the conditions, you can run in just about anything.

No comments: