Thursday, February 12, 2009

Marathon Training Log - February 11th - Day 45 - 8 miles

And remember if you would like to support my cause check out this link


Well folks, I knew it was coming. It was bound to happen with spring rapidly approaching. Last night we had severe storms and tornado warnings, and, of course, rain. I get up early to prepare for the midweek 8 miler and it is raining cats and dogs. It is fairly warm, about 48, so at least it wouldn't be too miserable. I put on some wind pants a hat and pullover and headed out. The wind was coming out of the north pretty good, and I was soaked by the time I hit the end of the first block. My legs were freezing through the wind pants, so I actually turned around, doubled back and changed into my winter fleece. Much better. After that, I finished the rest of my 8 in a total of 1:07:17. Not bad all things considered. Body felt great no real aches or pains. The new kicks are working wonders! I wonder how many more soggy days I will have until the race.

On a side note, 55 people so far have joined the facebook group I created called "Going the Distance for Families with Cancer". A lot are my friends and acquaintances, but people I don't know are starting to join! Cool. If you are on facebook, check me out ziggysocki AT gmail DOT com is my facebook email.

And remember if you would like to support my cause check out this link

No comments: