Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Marathon Training Log - February 25th - Day 53 - 9 miles

Dont Forget! Please help support local families dealing with cancer! Check it out

The weather is finally throwing me a frickin bone... Today was GREAT. 40 degrees with almost no wind. I love the cool air, and it even smelled a little like rain. I got sprinkled on Tuesday morning, but no such luck today. I basically broke this into 3 different runs; The first 3 miles I went slowly just to warm up, then the next 4 I really kicked it on, and the last 2 I sort of cooled down. Amazing thing is, I was almost exactly where I am pace wise every other day! Funny. I finished in 1:13:42. Just a little over 8 m/m. Originally my goal was 9 m/m. I am still shooting for 3:45 in the race. Only 32 days to race! Wow... I can hardly believe that I have managed to follow this training program so closely(I missed a single 3 mile run early on--and caught it up the next week). This was a 9 miler and the hardest thing about it was getting up early enough to get back in time to help get the kids ready for school. I did it, comfortably (actually felt really really good - which I needed as a confidence boost after the tough Saturday run) I am sure glad that it is warming up. Until next time...

No comments: