Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Marathon Training Log - February 4th - Day 41 - 8 miles

After coming in from my morning run I was fixing a pot of coffee getting ready to wake up the kids when I realized that I had just run 8 miles. I mean, 3 months ago I was regularly running 3-5 and sometimes longer, but this was a weekday morning. It hit me that my 'routine' distance has actually gone up A LOT. I ran 8 miles with no special planning, no food before... I just went and did it. I have kind of lost perspective on how far I am running. One of my coworkers asked me how far I ran this morning (cause it was so cold, only 12 degrees) that when I told him his eyes were wide and his jaw dropped. The point is this; I have been conditioning myself slowly over time so it doesn't seem that long to me.

Tomorrow I got another EASY 4 miles and then my longest run so far - 16 miles - on Saturday. The weather is looking good (freakin' 65!) but could be windy. I will check direction and then go that way... lol. Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Top of the day from the North Pole and the " great Minnesota thaw". I have been selling computer products into your area as well as where you work since 1983. Everyone knows about my frozen exploits. What a workout today at 25 above !!! Had to take a old wire metal shelf and reinforce one snow shoe with 2 radiator clamps-now have a lead foot-like driving on the Autobahn-tough going today but sun out-lots of melting on golf course. Still like to knock down cat tails,walk in deep WET/THICK snow drifts,get covered with fluff-thank goodness I work out of home 5 miles N of Mall of America. Snow might be gone by Monday and then projected freezing rain BUT I will be out EVERY DAY for an hour plus !! Keeps me young plus I enjoy outdoor activities with 11 & 12 yr. old grandson's. Best wishes on your running and good health !!!