Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Marathon Training Log - February 18th - Day 49 - 9.5 miles

Awesome! About 150 people have joined my facebook group "Going the Distance for Families Fighting Cancer"! If you want to join, look me up on facebook ziggysocki@gmail.com . Or if you want to donate, check out my site and use your paypal to support my cause.

Another long mid-week longer run is behind me. This is getting harder to do, not because of the distance, but because I can't get up much earlier... Man, 5 am comes too early. When you are planning on actually running (not including warm up and cool down) for an hour and twenty minutes or so this leaves little time for things like showering and getting dressed before work. I'm just whining cause today I never really had a chance to get anything to eat, so I am kinda grumpy. The other thing that is difficult about these midweek long runs is the fact that it is hard to find enough roads in my little town of Girard, Kansas to add up to 9 or more miles. Treadmills, tracks, and running loops is infinitely boring to me, so I always try to run a route where I don't rerun the same stretches of pavement. The route I took this morning basically crisscrossed every street in town that runs from north to south. That still wasn't quite far enough, so I started hitting the east and west streets. I am conciously decided to take today a bit slower, so I could maybe keep a little fatigue out of my legs in preparation for this weekends 18 mile. So I slowed down, and man did it seem SLOW... but I did and finished my run in 1:21:05. This put me at just over 8:30 m/m pace. I was pleasantly surprised, cause if felt like I was crawling...a big difference those 25 seconds per mile made. I was barely tired at the end, and have not felt sore or tired at all during the day. Anyway, tomorrow is another 5 miler and then some rest before Saturday. Until next time...

No comments: