Monday, February 9, 2009

Marathon Training Log - February 7th - Day 43 - 16.76 miles

Check here for more info about me and my cause, or to make a donation.

First things first, a HUGE thank you to my friend from the north pole, The Man From the North
Pole himself Roger Dubois!. Roger made sure that I realized how important a good shoe was if I was to continue running the amount of miles that I have been running as of late. I finally took his advice and bought a new pair of New Balance 1306 running shoes. (Although it looks like I overpaid by about 30 bucks!) These are made for longer distance than my old shoes, are motion control +, and I love them. I wore them for the first time Saturday morning and went almost 17 miles without so much as a single blister. I didn't wear any knee or ankle braces and my legs were tired, but almost completely pain free. THANK YOU ROGER! I should have listened to you 3 weeks ago.

As for my run itself, I left about 9 am and the weather was absolutely fabulous! 60+ degrees! There was a strong wind out of the southwest, but that just goes with the territory... welcome to the midwest. I had a long sleeve Under Armour shirt and running shorts, and felt so fast since I wasnt all covered up. I finished 17.76 miles in 2:17:25 so just about 8:12 minute mile pace. It was great. Don't get me wrong, I was tired at the end... But I just keep feeling stronger after each run. I took 4 gel packs and a 16 oz. bottle of water-ade (half gatorade - half water). I ate 2 of the powerbar gels; the first at 7 miles, the next at 12. It is almost time to take my second bottle of water with me, I ran out around 13 miles due to the warmer temps and the wind. All in all a great run. I was sore Sunday and even some this morning when I got up... the only thing that sucked was going up and down the stairs when I was working on my mancave yesterday.
Tomorrow is a 4 miles, no biggie. I will just take it easy to work out any soreness I have left.
Until next time...

Check here for more info about me and my cause, or to make a donation.

No comments: