Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Marathon Training Log - January 20th - Day 32 - 3 miles

Tuesday runs are very enjoyable. I think there are a couple of reasons for this. The first reason is the fact that I am coming off of a day's rest and my legs feel awesome. Second, 3 miles is miniscule compared to the 13+ that I did on Saturday. Also, now that I think about it, I also miss running after taking a day off. Weird right?

So this morning I realized something; I am almost oblivious to the cold. I suppose that I have just become acclimatized. Earlier in the winter I used to not really look forward to the idea of going out in 10-20 degree weather, but now it is basically not an issue. I look at the current weather, but only to determine what I am going to wear for the run (not to be fashionable by any means -- I think I will post a pic on here with me all covered up like I'm headed to Hoth for a TaunTaun hunting expedition). This morning is was about 25, with a bit of wind out of the north.

On my Running Comfort Scale (patent pending, lol) I would give today a 10. I wore no tape, no knee braces and had no pain at all. My time was 24 minutes exactly and I was just running at a comfortable pace. This is exciting to me, because my race times in the 5k this summer were between 21:00 - 22:30 and that is in ideal weather conditions with no real long runs in between to cause any fatigue. I am curious what my time would be now under similar circumstances? I guess I will find out soon enough.

Today was the first run of week 9 in my training program so after this week, I will be officially half way complete. It really builds the miles from here out. Tomorrow the mid week distance jumps from 6 to 7 miles (quite a distance to tackle before work) and will eventually peak out at 10 in week 15. Until next time... oh wait, If I had forgotten to mention it already, since I basically quit drining alcohol all together in mid December, I am down from 189 pounds to 184 pounds. So I suppose that cutting those excess calories has helped...hmmm all my little nagging injuries have seem to clear up as well... Anyway, until next time!

No comments: