Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Marathon Training Log - January 27th - Day 36 - 3 miles

Man, to look at my 3 mile time today you would think that I broke a hip or something... My time was 29:47 for 3 miles! Yikes... At least I have an ice storm to blame. Started sleeting yesterday about 3 pm. Businesses were closing, schools were canceling, and the police were urging people just to stay at home. The funny thing is, the main part of the storm had not really hit us yet, but was expected between 3-7 am. Nice, I run about 6 am everyday. So, aside from the amazingly slick surface, the freaky cold wind, and my eyelashes freezing it was a perfect day for a run. The roads were like polished marble with a dusting of baby powder for good measure. I wore an extra fleece hood, and an additional cotton sweatsuit under my fleece shells. Temp-wise, I was not cold at all...actually quite the opposite. I was pretty sweaty at the bottom layer. The wind really wasn't too bad, and the fleece over hood is like Eskimo style (sticking out like Kenny from South Park) and it blocked the wind nicely. Mostly I am just griping cause I am ready for spring.

Other changes today include: No tape, braces, wraps... Body feels like a 10. (could have to do with the 10 min/mile pace) Also, I switched back to my old size 12 New Balance 790's. I have been wearing same shoe in size 11. I need 12's. Feet feel much better after running in the 12's. The only reason I got the 11's was cause that was all they had, and my 12's rubber is worn to the foam on the inside heel of my right shoe. I must drag that, cause that is always where my shoes wear out. So I guess that is about it... Tomorrow should be interesting, a 7 miler on crappy ice covered roads... could take me 2 hrs! Anyway, until next time...

No comments: