Thursday, January 15, 2009

Marathon Training Log - January 15th - Day 30 - 3.2 miles

So... day 30... hmm.. Where to begin? First, day 30 means training run # 30, not calendar day 30. This was the 30th morning since I started this program that I have gone out and run. So far, I have run in temps ranging from 70 - 6 degrees., wind, rain, ice, snow, clouds and sun. Welcome to Kansas in the winter. Today was a tie for the coldest I think, the sign on the bank said 6, my computer said 4 at the time I walked out the door. The wind was out of the north (of course). I was bundled up like Ralphie's kid brother, so it is a good thing that I didn't fall over. In addition to my normal cold weather gear I put on a pair of sweats under my fleece pants, an extra pair of socks, an extra pair of knit gloves, and a stocking cap over the top of my fleece hood. It was kind of overkill, but I am only saying that cause I wasn't cold. My eyes were just barely showing, and it was a good thing, because when I turned back to the house into the wind they almost froze in my skull. It was bitter cold, I am just glad there was no ice to contend with. Also, it was a short 3 mile run, and despite all the freaking clothes, I finished right at 8 min/mile pace. Body felt great, but i will give the day an 8 mostly for the discomfort due to weather, and a minor twinge in my right ankle. (no tape on feet at all). The brace for my right knee came in yesterday, so I felt back in symmetry this morning. Having both knees braced for the long run on Saturday should be helpful, I am looking forward to it. But tomorrow is a rest day, and hopefully it will be warmer on Saturday.

2 comments:

Avatar said...

Do you change your feed?
What are you eating?
And your joints don't hurts? Do you put some medicine on it?
You're doing well. You should join your training with another person. It use to have better results.
G'luck!
(sorry my poor english, i'm still learning it)

Zach said...

I changed my diet some but not much. I don't really drink anything but water... some juice and a little milk... Sometimes my joints hurt, but I figure that just means I'm getting old. As far as training with someone else, I can't find anyone else that wants to get up at 5, and go out and run 6 miles in subzero temps on a Wednesday morning.