Thursday, January 8, 2009

Marathon Training Log - January 8th - Day 26 - 3 miles

After all the miles I have racked up since November 24th when I started Hal Higdon's novice marathon training program (120.85), the 3 mile runs seem so short. I mean it seems like no sooner than I start that I am done. I try to push a faster pace on the shorter runs, but it seems not to matter. I guess that would mean that I am making some progress. 6 miles is now a very comfortable distance to me, I basically feel like I could do that each morning if I wanted to. Speaking of comfort, I purchased a neoprene knee brace. I bought it from my local drugstore yesterday during my lunch break. At 12 bucks it seemed kind of high, but she offered to take it back if I didn't think it helped. This morning I pulled it over my right knee and headed out. Once I got used to having something wrapped around my leg, it was amazing. The added support really made a big difference. I finished with no ache in that knee at all, and as a matter of fact, I am thinking of getting one for the other knee as well. Hell maybe I will get the ankle braces as well, it might save some wear and tear on my joints.

Daily weather report: Not to out of the norm for January in Kansas. 25 degrees, no ice, no wind. Basically the same as yesterday - just a bit colder. Nothing out of the ordinary, it was a nice quiet run. There was very little traffic - haha there never is -- I finished in 24:02. Thats a nice brisk pace of around 8:00 min mile. Not fast but a little more than a leisurely jog. (for me at least) Until next time...

No comments: