Saturday, January 3, 2009

Marathon Training Log - January 3rd - Day 23 - miles - 12






What an amazing day to run! I know it seems like I say that every day, but today is Jan 3rd and it was actuall 55 degrees at 9 am when I left. Almost no wind. It was awesome. I left and ran into a little bit of a south wind, and then turned to the west. Running out in the peaceful serenity of the Kansas pastureland was almost like floating through a brown dream. The sun was following me, warming my skin as I pushed on. Some where around mile 8 or so I saw a huge hawk sitting along the side of the road, most likely looking for a meal. If took to the air when I was about 10 feet from it. It had a large wingspan, yet made no noise at all when it took to the air. I had thought during previous runs that I would take pictures of any interesting sites I were to see along the way, but unfortunately I couldn't get the camera out fast enough to catch the hawk. I did take some other pictures though

No comments: